SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. It is the process of getting traffic from the “free,” “organic,” “editorial” or “natural” search results on search engines. Rather than a marketing tactic, it has become more of a branding play. It is the process of optimizing a website so that it performs well in an organic search and makes your products more available to clients, turning them into doted customers. All in all, SEO simply increases the visibility of your website making it available to a large number of customers.
Free SEO Tools
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- Keyword Planner
- SEO Workers Analytics tools
Why do you need SEO?
Coming to the main question, it’s firstly better to clarify that all businesses have a website nowadays. Making your website more visible means making your business more visible to prospective clients and this is possible with the help of SEO. This is where SEO becomes extremely important for the survival and promotion of your business. Listed below are reasons why SEO is important for your business.
- SEO is not a cost, but an investment with a sure high return. Lifting your rank to the top 3 spots on the first page in the search engine will surely give you a massive return on your modest investment.
- SEO helps turn the spotlight on your website. Your website, unlike your business, is open 7 days, all year long and makes your products available to prospective clients. It never sleeps, never complains and never falls sick. Investing a little to websites for SEO will surely turn the spotlight to your website, increasing sales dramatically.
- SEO is a crucial part of your marketing strategies along with branding and social media.
- SEO is never too expensive as it is not a cost but an investment that will give you a great value of the return.
- SEO is not just the icing on the Cake, but an important ingredient for success. Spending a fortune on your new website isn’t just enough; you need to make it visible by investing more money on SEO. SEO can be woven into your site, to make the business shown on the websites in the best possible light.
- SEO helps you become involved in free marketing and is a proofreading tool for your expensive website.
- SEO related parameters like Meta descriptions and title tags play an important role in leveraging social sharing in social media networks.
- SEO helps make your brand, better, well recognized and stronger building trust and credibility in prospective clients. It’s a normal human concept to consider that a thing you hear more of is automatically better. When your page tops the search results, your brand will automatically be stronger in the eyes of prospective clients.
How can you be a successful SEO?
- Crawl accessibility so engines can read your website
- Compelling content that answers the searcher’s query
- Keyword optimized to attract searchers & engines
- Great user experience including a fast load speed and compelling UX
- Share-worthy content that earns links, citations, and amplification
- Title, URL, & description to draw high CTR in the rankings
- Snippet/schema markup to stand out in SERPs
To get the best search engine visibility, web designers should follow the Five Basic Rules of Web Design, which state that a web site should be:
- Easy to read
- Easy to navigate
- Easy to find
- Consistent in layout and design
- Quick to download
By following these rules, you are building your web site to satisfy your target audience. The added benefit of following these rules is that both directory editors and search engines are looking for these same characteristics