Cloudfare is a content delivery network (CDN). A content delivery network (CDN) is a system of distributed servers (network) that deliver pages and other web content to a user, based on the geographic locations of the user, the origin of the webpage and the content delivery server. A CDN is a distributed network of servers that provides several advantages for a web site:
- Cached content: By caching web site content, Cloudflare helps improve page load speeds, reduce bandwidth usage, and reduce CPU usage on the server.
- High availability: With a redundant network of servers worldwide, if a server experiences an issue, Cloudflare’s CDN simply “fails over” to use another server.
- Increased security: Cloudflare helps improve security by blocking threats before they even reach a site. Cloudflare’s CDN can also provide some protection against Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks.
Cloudfare doesn’t provide hosting services for serving the content of any site on our network. If you are looking for a hosting provider to host your website, Cloudfare has partnered with several hosting partners so you can activate Cloudfare via their control panel.
How to configure Cloudfare DNS service on a router?
- Open your web browser.
- Enter the IP address of your router and press Enter.
- Log in using your router username and password as required.
- Open the DNS server settings page.
- In the DNS Settings section use these IPv4 addresses.
- Save your settings.
- Restart your browser.
Does Cloudfare speed up the website?
Cloudfare protects your site from attacks and serves up your webpages at lightning speed. And the best part is… it’s free. You’re not changing your hosting company by using CloudFlare.
Is Cloudfare free?
Yes, Cloudflare does offer free CDN services to cache the static resources on your website or blog. Cloudflare’s paid plans offer more advanced caching customization and optimization features than free plans.
How good Cloudfare is?
CloudFlare speeds up your website and protects it from security threats. According to CloudFlare, on average a website using CloudFlare loads twice as fast, uses 60% less bandwidth, has 65% fewer requests and is more secure.
5 Reasons to Use CloudFlare:
- It makes websites faster.
- It optimizes website performance.
- It maximizes uptime.
- It provides enhanced security and protection.
- It’s easy to activate.
So we conclude that usage of Cloudfare on the website makes the website faster reliable and easy for the performance-enhancing the security system of the website.